If you are a student and can prove it, you can get massive discounts on some of the best website builders.
Build your student portfolio, blog website, personal website, or site for any passion project with any of these site builders:
|Website Builder||Offer||Comments||Get Deal|
||Get Squarespace Student Discount|
||Get Webflow Student Discount|
||Get Wix Student Discount|
||Get Pixpa Student Discount|
||Get IM Creator Deal|
Table of Contents
Squarespace Student Discount
Squarespace offers 50% off the price of the first annual plan for the first year. All their website builder plans are eligible, including Personal, Business, and Commerce.
- You must be a full-time student at an eligible school. Alumni, faculty members, or high school students aren’t eligible for the discount.
- You must be able to verify yourself as a student through Student Beans.
Squarespace is the best all-around website builder. It’s intuitive, thoughtfully designed, and has beautiful templates.
Squarespace is an excellent choice for all types of websites: small businesses, bloggers, portfolios, online stores, and more.
- Templates — Squarespace is known for its clean, modern, and mobile-friendly templates. I think they have the best templates of any website builder.
- Functionality — Squarespace has lots of features—many of which are better and more powerful than competitors. For example, Squarespace has the best template customization, blogging, scheduling software, donation system, photo galleries, and more.
- Drag and Drop Editor — Squarespace has an excellent drag and drop editor. It’s easy to use and intuitive.
- Business and Marketing Tools — Beyond websites, Squarespace also includes marketing and business tools for managing your online presence. For example: scheduling software, email marketing, social media tools, memberships, and more. Having all these tools managed by Squarespace means the integrations work seamlessly.
- Ecommerce — The most powerful ecommerce website builder is Shopify—but Squarespace is easier to use. Squarespace’s ecommerce is a good alternative for users intimidated by Shopify.
Webflow Student Discount
Webflow’s $23/month CMS plan is entirely free for eligible students😲. This is hands down the best student discount on a top website builder, but the website builder itself isn’t for everyone.
- If you have a dedicated email address provided by your university or school, you can apply for the free student plan.
- If you are registered with any of these online course providers, you can apply for the student plan: General Assembly, Thinkful, Ironhack, Designlab, Careerfoundry, and Coursera’s Google UX course.
Webflow is the most customizable website builder. If you can imagine it, you can probably make it with Webflow. Just be aware: Webflow has a learning curve.
Webflow is particularly popular with students learning web design, UX design, or similar courses. Understanding HTML & CSS will make learning Webflow much easier!
- Design Without Limits — Webflow is basically a user interface for HTML & CSS code. So if you can do something in HTML & CSS, you can do it in Webflow.
- Content Management System (CMS) — Webflow is the only website builder to include a full CMS (and the plan that comes with it is free for students!). A CMS lets you create custom collections with fields like rich text, images, files, and more.
- Tools For Web Design Professionals — Webflow includes a separate, friendlier interface (called Editor) you can hand off to clients and teams. They also allow white-label client billing.
- Outstanding Tutorials — Webflow has some of the best Youtube tutorials around. This is great because you will need some tutorials to get up and running with Webflow.
Wix Student Discount
Wix offers a 50% student discount on all its annual premium plans, including Website Pans and Business and Ecommerce plans.
Note: Wix’s student discount terms & conditions include “The Coupon is redeemable immediately and until (including) December 31, 2021 00:00:00 GMT+0200 (EET) (“Expiration Date”).”, so I am not sure if the student discount is still available. However, the student discount page is live on both Wix and Student Beans, so it must be active.
- You must be a full-time student at an eligible school.
- You must be able to verify yourself as a student through Student Beans.
Wix is the most popular website builder by market share. Its unstructured editor is its most defining feature— it allows you to move any element to any spot on a page. This allows for plenty of freedom.
It will work best for users who want to be able to control everything…and are comfortable with the risks that come with control.
- Drag and Drop Editor — Wix’s unstructured editor lets you drag and drop elements anywhere you want on a page— without constraint. You can see a video explanation here. Almost no other website builder provides a drag-and-drop interface like this—and probably for a reason: An unstructured editor is great for customizability, but it’s easy to mess up the website with if you don’t understand design.
- 800+ Themes — Wix offers more themes than most website builders—though the quality is inconsistent. For students, it has great portfolio templates and CV templates.
- Plugins & Apps — Wix has an app store and a huge selection of widgets and plugins to add to your website.
- Small Business Tools — Wix includes several small business and marketing tools for managing online presence: CRM, social posts, email marketing, live chat, and more.
Pixpa Student Discount
Pixpa offers a Flat 50% discount to students and teachers studying any creative discipline.
- You must be a student in a creative field (designer, photographer, artist, etc.)
- You should have a student ID you can send to their support team for approval.
Pixpa is primarily for portfolio websites, especially photography portfolio websites. So if you are a student photographer or anyone dreaming of a portfolio filled with visuals, Pixpa may be the ideal website builder for you.
- Templates for creative students — If you are a student in any creative field and want to showcase your work on the internet, Pixpa has suitable templates.
- Basic Ecommerce — You can sell your art/creative work through Pixpa.
- Client Proofing — You can collaborate with your clients or teachers to determine which work to edit and/or deliver.
IM Creator Student Discount
IM Creator is free for students, artists, and nonprofits.
But it’s a very average website builder—I’d recommend choosing one of the other website builders with student discounts, even if it means paying a few bucks. Also, there are many better free website builders.
- You should be a student. Nothing specific is mentioned—you have to apply for the free plan.
First things first, WordPress is NOT a website builder. It’s an open-source CMS (Content Management System). Read the difference between WordPress and website builders.
WordPress allows you to store, publish, delete, and modify content in a database. You’ll have a high degree of flexibility because of this, but the learning curve will be steeper—which is why you’d be better off with one of the above or other WordPress alternatives.
The WordPress CMS is free, but you have to pay for a domain name, hosting, themes, plugins, security, etc. And among all of them, hosting costs are generally the highest.
If you are a student, you can get great discounts on these two well-known hosting providers (we haven’t tested them but they seem to be good entry-level WordPress hosting providers):
1. Interserver Student Discount
Interserver offers its standard package for free for the first year to students who sign up with their school email address.
Hostinger generally gives up to 70% off to all first-time users choosing an annual or above plan. If you are a student, you can get an extra 10% off if you verify with Student Beans.
The Best Overall Student Deal
- Webflow (free): Hands down, the best student deal. We highly recommend Webflow (to design students)—check out our Webflow review.
- Squarespace (50% off): An awesome deal on the best website builder. Squarespace is our most recommended website builder—read our Squarespace review to know why.
- Wix (50% off): Another great website builder with a student discount. We rate it slightly below Squarespace, but a great website builder nonetheless. Read our Wix review.