We'll update this article in 2023 if they bring BFCM deals!
Historically, Shopify has never run Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals. In fact, they rarely run any discounts.
I checked the last five years’ pricing page on/around Black Friday.
But you are lucky. Shopify has been running never-seen-before discounts since the start of the fourth quarter, and they’ll likely be available throughout Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Table of Contents
The Shopify Black Friday & Cyber Monday Discounts
If you want to create a new store in the US or Canada, you’ll get a 50% discount on yearly plans, a 20% discount on two-year plans, and a 25% discount on three-year plans. The discounts only apply to the Basic, Shopify, and Advanced plans.
|Monthly Plan||Yearly Plan (50% off)||Two Year Plan (20% off)||Three Year Plan (25% off)|
|Get Deal →||Get Deal →||Get Deal →|
How to get the Shopify BFCM discount?
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Shopify pricing page.
- Click on “Try for free” to start the free trial.
- Fill in all the details Shopify asks. Once you do this, you’ll land on the Shopify dashboard.
- Click Settings on the bottom left.
- Click Plan from the settings pop-up (it’ll be the second option from the top).
- Toggle between the plans to choose the most suitable discount.
A Few Notes About Shopify Pricing & Discounts
- Whatever plan you choose, the discount only applies for the first time. You’ll likely have to pay the full monthly fee for renewal, depending on Shopify’s payment terms/discounts at the time of renewal.
- The discounts only apply to the Shopify plans. There are many other costs associated with building and managing a Shopify store - app costs, theme costs, transaction fees, etc. The Shopify plan discounts don’t apply there. Learn more about Shopify pricing and other costs here.
Shopify is the best website builder for online stores—it tames the complexity of ecommerce and removes many of the obstacles online store builders face.
Some of the biggest brands use Shopify to power their online stores. If Shopify were a retailer, it’d be the 2nd largest online retailer in the US (Amazon would be first).
- Ecommerce Tools — Shopify provides all the ecommerce functionalities you need. It includes email marketing, live chat, local delivery route planning, point-of-sale systems, product reviews, dropshipping, and much more.
- App Store — With over 7800 apps, Shopify has the most extensive app store of any ecommerce platform. If Shopify core doesn’t have something, the app store will likely have it.
- Sell Anywhere — Ecommerce happens across many different channels today: Facebook, Google, Etsy, wholesale, or even in person through a point-of-sale system. Shopify is the ecommerce platform that brings these channels together in one place—so you can have one store that sells across all these different platforms.
- Sell Anything — You can sell pretty much everything through Shopify: physical products, digital products, appointments (for service business), memberships, consultations, workshops and virtual classes, event tickets, gift cards, and more.
- Themes — The official Shopify theme store has 102 verified themes (free and paid). All of them are modern and optimized for ecommerce. Besides the official themes, you can find thousands of third-party themes.
- Intuitive — Shopify is too powerful to be “simple & easy to use,” but it sure is intuitive — it’s the most intuitive ecommerce platform of its caliber. Shopify’s interface is always organized and clear.
- Innovative features: Shopify has always been at the forefront of ecommerce. They’ve launched many innovative features before the competition over the years. For example, Shopify Payments, Shopify Fulfillment, Shopify Taxes, Shopify App Store, etc.
To learn more, read our full Shopify review
Shopify has been running the abovementioned discounts for about a month or so.
But this doesn’t guarantee (though it’s highly likely) that the discounts will be available during the Black Friday week — so pick up a plan as soon as possible.
Also, it’s possible (though highly unlikely) Shopify will reveal even better discounts during the actual BFCM week. Sign up for our newsletter to get new updates regarding better BFCM discounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Shopify running a BFCM discount?
Not exactly. But, for the first time, Shopify is running a discount of up to 50% off in the month of November! That's a Black Friday-ish deal.
Are any other website builders running BFCM discounts?
Yes, you can check out other website builder BFCM deals here.
How do I get 50% off on Shopify?
If you are in the US or Canada and making a new store with Shopify, you can go to Settings > Plans > Toggle To Yearly plans to get a 50% off on Shopify.
Is there a free Shopify plan?
No. But you can try Shopify for free with its 3-day free trial. Plus, it's only $1 for the next three months.